JOB OPENING: TECHNICAL MANAGER AVB
- Location: Aruba
- Hours: Fulltime. Expected to work nights and weekends
- Salary: Competitive salary for the right candidate
- Language: English (Papiamento and/or Dutch are desirable)
- Appointed: 1 February 2020 (desirable)
The Aruban Football Association (AVB) is a growing and developing organization and above all passionate about football. We are the governing body of football in Aruba and a member of the FIFA and Concacaf. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the national teams.
Grow Football Aruba
To unlock Aruba’s potential, the AVB has developed a Strategic Plan 2018-2022. Our focus, and by consequence of the Technical Manager, will be on youth football. We’ll use youth football as an accelerator for the overall development of football in Aruba. A solid fundament in youth development will lead to more and better home-grown players, stronger clubs and competitions which eventually results in stronger and better national teams.
Part of the overall strategy is our football development plan: Grow Football Aruba that consists out of four developmental areas: Club Development, Coach Development, Talent Development and National Teams. It involves the support of clubs, coach education, developing talented players and national teams.
For leading the Technical Department and the realization of Grow Football Aruba the AVB is looking to recruit a Technical Manager.
- Provide leadership and direction to all employees involved in realizing strategic objectives regarding Grow Football Aruba, including the appointment, management and development of AVB-coaches.
- Identify key stakeholders involved, establish links and liaise with them to build awareness, share knowledge and encourage ongoing involvement.
- Reports to the General Secretary and President of the AVB.
- Contribute to the development of competition-formats in cooperation with the Competitions Manager.
- In conjunction with the General Secretary, prepare and maintain budgets.
Grow Football Aruba
- Provide leadership and support for the implementation of the various programs relating to Grow Football Aruba.
- Establish a coach education- and coach-de-coach program in cooperation with the Concacaf and KNVB.
- Oversee the implementation and management of Talent Academies with a Project Manager.
- Effectively managing diverse programs and related stakeholders, such as coaches, support staff, committee member, board members, etc.
- Proactive, a self-starter and comfortable with making decisions.
- Adaptable when required and accountable.
- Inclusive and open, creating a safe environment.
- Broad and flexible in leadership style, relationship focused, empowering and inspiring.
- Authentic and humble.
- Proven track record of delivering outcomes and working effectively with others.
- Affinity with Caribbean culture.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding of the football landscape
- Educational background: at least A License (football)
The AVB has involved NMC Bright to oversee and coordinate the recruitment procedure. The procedure consists of several phases. In the first phase candidates are asked to hand in a resume and motivation letter (in English or Dutch). Please send an application before Friday 13 December 2019 to email@example.com. All candidates that applied will be informed in the week of 15 December.